From:
"(Wayne Smith)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Wayne Smith)
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1992 10:09:29 EDT
Date:         Thu, 01 Oct 92 10:56:19 CET
From:         "Barry E. Eastman" <BEASTMAN@ESOC>
Subject:      Digests #144 & 145 etc.
To:           wts@maine

Excerpts of personal mail from HOCKEY-D subscriber Barry Eastman ...

  Well,well! I think I'm just another duck on the pond.  Then the
Hockey-L,D statistics appear and show that I've not only got the
German pond to myself, but the whole European pond.

  Contributions:
    While I have looked for something to contribute myself, I can find
very little.  I looked through the special issue of Sport Kurier,
which has the rosters for the first two divisions here in Germany.
There were only two explicit mentions of US college hockey.
Craig Sarner, former Gopher personality, is still coach of one of
the Berlin teams.  The other one was of a player who has played here
for a number of years who had attended a school in Michigan.  The
magazine is, of course, at home, so no details.

  BTW, my neighbor, who is sports editor of the European Stars and
Stripes, is amazed that I can keep better informed than he on college
hockey.

  As for my interest in hockey, its natural, I'm from Northern Minnesota.

  Thanks again for getting the digest out to me, also in difficult
situations.

                       Barry