From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1992 22:13:38 -0500
Bill Writes:

> Colgate 5, RPI 4
>      Colgate didn't have the lead in this game until Craig deBlois scored
>      with 1:07 to go, but that was enough to give the Red Raiders the
>      victory, which was their fifth in a row over the Engineers at Starr

	I had the pleasure of sitting right behind the net for this GWG and
it appeared tome, and a few others around me, that this goal was kicked in.
When I looked to see where the ref (Pierre Belanger) was, I knew immediately
that regardless of how it was put in it would count, since there were several
players between him and the "goal" scorer.  It appeared to me that deBlois'
stick was at least 2 feet off the ice and he kicked it past Little who was
still on the other side of the net and never saw the "shot".  Did anyone, at
the game, who had a similar unobstructed view of that goal, see it the
same way I did?  IMO, RPI did not play well enough to win anyway.  I am
curious, if anyone saw this, maybe the news had a good replay????

-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer '93

| RYAN G. STONE                     | "An individual can make a difference  |
| Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute  |  a team can make a miracle."          |
| e-mail: [log in to unmask]           |              - 1980 U.S. Hockey Team  |