From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 1994 21:19:05 EDT
Luiz Valente writes:
>I agree 100%. RPI can achieve all of its athletic goals as a member of
>the ECAC.

Well, it certainly seems that the administration has at least some
doubts about whether they can do that, else they wouldn't be
considering the move as seriously as they are.  It is hard to know
just what those goals are, though.  If they want increased tv exposure
for their hockey team, the ability to play the maximum number of games
allowed by the NC$$, and freedom from the restrictions of the index in
recruiting, among other things, then HE would seem to be the way to
go.  But I can see reasons why they might choose to leave or stay.

Unofficially, I have heard that the current "deadline" for a decision
is October 1st.  If it is true that a move to HE was tied to Buddy
remaining as coach, I would expect to hear something much sooner.  But
I would not be surprised if we are well into September before the
decision is made.  I don't think anyone is holding his/her breath. :-)
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>