Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 1994 18:57:30 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Jose Raffucci) writes:

>In article <[log in to unmask]>,
>Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>I wasn't at the game last night, but I could sense the silence in the crowd
>>at Houston Field House. I think RPI fans got their wake-up call last night
>>( along with the team, of course ) and realized that Union IS for real.

>Um, I hate to burst your bubble *too* much, but I think that a major
>factor for the deafening silence at the field house wasn't Union's
>spectacular brand of hockey, but simply that RPI is on spring break
>right now, and a good portion of the loud obnoxious fans are away.

>I will hand it to Union, they did keep our offense tied up pretty well.

Most definitely! I, for one am impressed in how Union has come along in
the ECAC since they moved up to Div I. I'm glad to see after three years
that they are no longer the last place team that many people here expected
them to be for several years to come. Unfortunately, we seem to be
a bit 'thin' on defense this year. That will be a key factor for
RPI in the playoffs. The team has a nasty habit of sinking to the level
of play of their opponent. The end result seems to be several times when
the team should be playing better, but aren't.

I fail to see a 'rivalry' develop, especially if RPI moves to Hockey
East. In that case, would RPI still play Union?

I am also glad to see that Union is getting its due in terms of press
coverage. From what I know, they have come a long way and deserve a lot
of credit (IMHO).

As for loud, obnoxious fans? Well, if you haven't heard be blowing my
red trumpet in section 15 of the fieldhouse by now, then I guess I'm
not obnoxious enough. Other members of the section were passing around
Sucrets at the game on Saturday because our throats are so sore. I'm just
glad I decided to forgo a normal start to my spring break and hang around
for the games this weekend. It's been a blast & I'm enjoying myself
immensely.

Tho, the only thing I find more obnoxious than our group in sec. 15 is
when people yell out 'red' et. al. during the Star Spangled Banner. Does
this happen elsewhere, and how does one stop it?

Nazman
"Obnoxious member of the class of '94/'95/'96. I'll graduate one of these
years... *sigh*"

Let's go RPI!