From:
Neil Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 1994 00:53:44 -0500
        Here are some quotes from BU coach Jack Parker on tonight's decision to gxx ban Maine
and give BU a bye in the first round of the Hockey East tourney.

        "I know they gave it a lot of thought and I know it was a tough decision to make,
but considering the number of things that have gone wrong up there I think something had to be
done.  We're obviously pleased we get a chance to go right to [Boston] Garden. But more
importantly I think we're sending the right message to be more alert to what the rules are
and be more alert to make sure they live by the rules."

On his team now having two weeks off before they resume play in the conference semi-finals...

        "I think that will be a concern, but at the same time I guess you could say to yourself
you'd rather play next week if you knew you were going to win. So, we don't know if we're going
to win so I think this way we're much better off and we're still a little bit banged up and
could use a little bit of rest."

        Providence AD John Marinatto refused all comment on the conference call and the
official rationale behind the decision, reffering to an announcement that was made by
HE commish Ron DeGregorio. Could someoe plaease post it if they have it. I believe it was made
inbetween periods of the Maine-UNH game on NESN.

        Bravo to the HE AD's, a group I ddidn't give that much credit itxx to. Regardless of
whether you agree with their decision, they were decisive and assertive...words not to
often associated with college hockey. The next step ifxx is for them to move the league office
out of Orono and into Boston.

        Did the Ferraro's play tonight?

        One other item of note out of BU's 4-0 win over Providence, PC AD Marinatto refused to
guarentee coach Mike McShane would be back in 1994-95 saying he would be evaluated after
the season.

Neil Goldberg
BU '95
Stuyvesant H.S. '91