From:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 1994 20:51:59 -0500
Sorry to be late with this one. I didn't get up until 9 AM and
then I went out and moved snow for the better part of the day.
(140 inches have fallen with 36 inches sitting).

If any of the stats below are wrong: Blame me for not listing
to Dave Fisher (Oh, my favorite ... [there may be kids on the
net]).

MTU  1 0 1 0 - 2
UAA  0 1 1 0 -2

1st Period

MTU Peterson, B. 16 (unassisted but an assist should be given to
his brother Kyle but apparently, the puck bounce off a skate) 8:40

Penalties:

UAA - player unknown - slashing
MTU - Lebel - holding
MTU - Wright - charging
UAA - player unknown - interference
MTU - Peterson, B - holding
MTU - Peterson, K - 10 minute misconduct for banging his stick on
         the ice after being waved out of a face off

2nd Period:

UAA - Norcross 4 (Fisk Kowal) 4:03

Penalties:

UAA - Norcross - Roughing
MTU - player unkonown - roughing coincidental with above
MTU - Ferguson - interference

3rd Period:

UAA - Williams (Tumisto, Morris) 5:57
MTU - Stevens 13 (Mikesch P, Hill) 19:24

Penalties: (probably incomplete: I was dozing in and out at 1 AM)

MTU - Jenson - roughing
UAA - Gore - roughing coincidental with above

MTU - Ferguson - roughing
UAA - Tumisto - roughing coincidental with above

Powerplays:

MTU 0 for 2
UAA 0 for 5

Saves:

MTU Ram   18 - 10 - 13 - 4 for 45
UAA Shill 10 - 10 -  9 - 2 for 31

 3 Stars: Jamie Ram (MTU)
 2 Stars: Lee Shill (UAA)
 1 Star: Randy Stevens (MTU)
 Superior Player: Jamie Ram (MTU)

Comments:

MTU jumped off to an early lead during the first period. During the
first period MTU had the jump and played a fair game of hockey. However
during the 2nd and early third periods, MTU again faded. It appeared
that MTU was going to get another loss as UAA controlled MTU well. However,
during the last two minutes of play, Ram was pulled from the goal to
give MTU an extra player. This allowed MTU to overpower UAA and gain the
game tying goal. It was a defensive game, hardly the score fest that
NMU and CC were having (the game that I listened to earlier.)

Buzzy Christensen and Robin Anderson were the ref's. Again, Dave Fisher
went on about the penalty calls: without seeing the calls, I won't
comment further, as I don't trust Dave Fisher's calls.

Tonight is another late night effort. Hopefully, I will be able to stay
up to 2 AM.

 Walt Olson
MTU