From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 1994 11:40:19 -0500
Vinnie Auger isn't a goon.  To be frank, he's not very
enthusiastic about checking either illegally or even legally.
Vinnie's a finesse player who opposing defensemen tend to get
mad at because he skates better than they do.  So he gets beat up
all the time - I think he's accepted it.

Now, Reid Simonton on the other hand...

The Cornell - Union game wasn't rough, and what silliness there
was was evenly distributed between the teams.  For Cornell to
have been chippy or instigating anything was impossible anyway,
since that would imply they had a pulse that night.

Sounds like the Union announcers are on drugs; you'ld think
they'd be content to savor a rare, decisive victory than so
thoroughly misinterpret what they were seeing.  Oh well, they get
the two points anyway :-(

Union appears to be a far better team this year than last year.  I
saw both Cornell - Union games last year and, while both teams
were utterly incompetent, Union seemed to deserve their last
place finish.  Not so this year!  The Dutchmen may have had the
game handed to them, but they capitalized again and again,
rather than squandering opportunities.  Every year I say they'll
get out of the cellar, and every year I'm wrong - but if Union
keeps on playing the way they did that night, they're an even
match for many teams in the league (Cornell, Yale, Princeton,
Dartmouth, perhaps even SLU if they don't get their act
together), and they'll move up.

Greg
Cambridge (sucks)
Let's Go Red!