From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 91 09:00:00 CST
Bill Beaulac writes:

> Speaking of attendance, I read in the paper the other day that the
> UofMinnesota sold About 1500 more season tickets this year than
> the NHL Northstars did.  Something like 5600 as opposed to 4100.

There's a simple explanation.  Many hockey fans in Minnesota have discovered
that college hockey is more consistently exciting and entertaining than the
mediocre efforts typically displayed by the North Stars.  Since getting Gopher
season tickets in 1980, I have been to a total of two North Stars games.

Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1991 WCHA & NCAA Championships         --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM