From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 91 11:01:42 EST
Well I've finally fought the flu off enough to make my way into school.
Thanks to Bill Fenwick for summarizing the North Country games last weekend.

It seems that the North Country weekend of any other teams season, home or
away, hasn't been very productive points-wise.  Clarkson and SLU are 25-9-2
in ECAC play.  That's 72.2% of all possible points.  The next best travelling
team pair is RPI and UVM at 21-13-2, 61.1%.  For all common opponents, SLU
drags the percentage down to 69.6%.  I wonder how one could compare this with
other leagues, most of which don't use the travelling partner system.  At home
the two teams are at 86.1% against ECAC opponents and 85.4% overall.  Cornell
is the only team beating the odds at 87.5%.  If we give the teams 2 wins this
weekend, at home against Army and Princeton, the total ECAC percent goes to
75%.  Pretty scary!

It looks like Clarkson and SLU will have home ice this year.  Does anyone
know when was the last time that ECAC travelling partners have had home ice?
Was it last year with Colgate and Cornell?

Note on flags on helmets.  All Yale players have an American flag on the center
back of their helmets.  Several players also have a Canadian maple leaf on the
bottom right side of the back of the helmet.  Sounds like a good thing remem-
bering previous postings.

Well Cornell still better watch out.  Yale has been quite successful at home
and Brown isn't a push-over.

Question to Keith Instone:  In your ranking you take margin of victory into
account, do collapse run-away scores, like Harvard beating Army by ten.  I
read that the NY Times pro football rating system does do this.  However, I
don't know how it is done, some percentage based upon last weeks ranking
perhaps?

Enough rambling

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,... (Fall '91 ?!)