From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 91 11:56:24 CST
CSL Dave Suess writes:

> 	The rivalry probably dates back as far as the oldest of us can
> 	remember.  It was certainly intense in the mid-70s when I was
> 	at UND; I remember one brawl in particular: both teams, in full,
> 	both sets of coaches, and the trainers, too.  It broke out during
> 	pre-game warm-ups; no referees on the ice.

I vaugely remember this one, and I think you have it slightly
misstated -- both head coaches were trying to stop the fight, if
I recall. I don't know about the assistant coaches and trainers ...

About the John Newberry waterbottle incident: If I recall, after
being squirted, the North Dakota player jumped into the Wisconsin
bench to go after Newberry (among others). Not a really smart
move...

	--david