From:
david weinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
david weinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1993 00:43:40 -0500
On Thu, 16 Sep 1993, Laura Searl wrote:

> Greetings from the Pacific Northwest, where college hockey does not run
> rampant!  A quick question...  After players play in the JHL, can they play
> college level hockey again?  Take for instance John Lilley.   He played part
> of the year for BU and then went to the WHL.  Now can he go back to the
> college level now that he is too old for the WHL?

        Someone can correct me if I am wrong. But I think the NCAA ruled
about 10 years ago that anyone who plays one of the three Junior A leagues
is considered a pro because some of the players have already signed pro
contracts.  Also some players have signed endorsement contracts, Eric
Lindros and Alexazander Daigle come to mind.

David