From:
"Kenneth H. Snell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 91 14:21:11 EST
      To all the ECAC fans out there,

          This weekend proved to be a good chance to preview what should
be an excellent ECAC tournament in Boston.  Clarkson/Cornell played a very
close game on friday night even though the score was 4-2 Cornell.  Momentum
played a huge part in the game as Cornell got it and Clarkson didn't.  The
big swing came at the end of the second period.  With Clarkson up 2-1,
Cornell outworked Clarkson in front of the net and put the puck past a
wildly scrabling Chris Rogles.  Cornell took that into the locker room and
used it to their full advantage.  Clarkson did not take advantage of the
chances they had in the second period and Cornell kept it close.  If these two
 teams
teams play again I wouldn't even try to predict the outcome.

     At Colgate, Clarkson slumped to the level of its competition.  They
skated well enough to win but that was it.  As a fan I must comment on the
revamped Starr Rink however.  Colgate transformed a "high-school" type rink
into a true arena with the renovations.  They may have lost some seats, but
it is a much nicer place to play hockey in.  The fans at Colgate seemed very
quiet at the game also.  I attributed this to a poor season but it must be
more than that.  If someone could comment on why the place was like a morgue
on Saturday night I would be glad to hear it.

     Ok back to the game.  Clarkson did not dominate this game like one might
 expect
expect.  Yes, Colgate was never ahead, but they were never out of it either.
Clarkson has had problems at Colgate for as long as I can remember, and
this might just have kept going this year.  The end score was 4-3 Clarkson
but it was close to being a tie.  Colgate scored with 2:22 left in the third,
proceeded to pull the goalie and then apply minimal pressure.  Clarkson
limited them to 5 shots while being down a man (6-5).   Any questions feel free
to ask.

------Later

      Ken
      (Now 1-3 at 'Gate)