From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1992 16:27:30 EDT
According to the Drop the Puck yearbook, it does appear that UAH has gone
back to DivII.  (Keith, should we make this official?)  Here's some of
what DtP had to say:

"In September, head coach Doug Ross announced the Chargers' program was
changing its NCAA affiliation to Division II.

'We've started to hold our own and gain some respect in Division I,' Ross
said. 'But we really feel like we can be more competitive in Division II
and it will be great to be able to compete for a national championship and
give our guys the opportunity to be All-Americans.'"

There are other comments about UAH gaining a 9-10 record against DivI foes
last year and how the removal of the automatic Independent berth in the DivI
tourney played a part in UAH's decision.

UAH has 12 games scheduled against DivI teams this year.

In the composite DivI schedule, I am now intending to change the games
involving a DivI team and either UAH or Mankato from DivI games to non-DivI.
I will also remove UAH and Mankato from the list of Independents; this leaves
just Army and Air Force and gives us a total of 44 DivI teams: 10 WCHA (with
UAA), 12 CCHA (with UAF), 12 ECAC, 8 HE, and 2 Independents.  Comments?
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*