From:
Paul Marchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1992 09:01:09 EST
Yes, another Western gloating alittle. But even more that a Western, a gloating
CCHA fan.

I feel some vindication that the TCHR showed Western teams stronger than the
Eastern ones, and having all 4 in the Phinal Phour, and 3 CCHA teams shows
that maybe Keith is not so crazy after all.

Two points that the Easterns have in their favor: 1) the single elimination
format, and 2) the fact that Maine and St. Lawrence sat down for two weeks.

I think the sit down hurt Maine and St. Lawrence more than the single
elimination format. When you get to the playoffs, it's always been my
feeling that I'd rather keep playing while I'm hot than sit down as a
reward for being a higher seed. Moving the HE and ECAC tournaments back
a week, I think, will help all the Eastern teams.

Based on the results, box scores, and game discriptions that I've seen, the
only two matchups that might have been different had they been best 2 of 3
were Maine vs MSU and Michigan vs Nothern Michigan.

LSSU cruised over UAA and Minnesota(sorry Gopher fans). And Michigan got
a wake up call from Northern Michigan(thank you Wildcats).

I'm still going with my predictions in the HOCKEY-L Pool, LSSU vs Michigan
in the finals (CCHA tournament final re-match), but this time, Michigan
comes away the victor.

Anybody know if there has ever been a NC$$ hockey and basketball champion
from the same school in the same year?

GO CCHA!!!

Paul Marchant     |    The other FINAL FOUR!    | (513) 865 - 1637
Mead Data Central |    April 2-4  Albany, NY    | Data Technology
P.O. Box 933      |   The BEST OF THE BEST in   | [log in to unmask]
Dayton, OH  45401 |         NCAA Hockey         | ...!uunet!meaddata!paulm