From:
"Scott.Preadmore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1992 12:24:00 EST
Joe McDonald says:
>Look out Maine!  They (Wisc) beat you once this year and they can do it
>again.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.  Maine still has to get past
Michigan State, who didn't LOOK that bad last night, from what I could
"SEE" on the radio!

...and on JSH Forsyth's comments:
>     7:35(approx.)   #5 Michigan State   vs.   #1 UMaine
>         Obviously,I'm going to WAY out on a limb and pick the ...Bears.  Not
>just because I attend UMaine and am a manager,but after watching the team
>practicethis week,they are ready for anything.  Their intensity all week was
>incredible.  The focus the team is showing is unbelievable.  Almost all of
>the guys have been here before,and have come away empty.  They don't want it
>to happen again.  As Coach Walsh has been saying:  this team's on a mission!

I do agree with Mr. Forsyth on his picking the ...Bears, but Maine is one
of the Eastern teams who hasn't played a game in quite a while.  I think
if MSU can stay within a goal or two by the start of the third period, the
Spartans should have the stamina to pull off the big upset.  One thing that
Coach Walsh has in his favor is the "hindsight" from 1985 when Providence
College absolutely surprised #1 MSU (who Walsh was ass't coach for at the
time) and went on the the finals behind goaltender Chris Terreri.  If
anyone can prepare a team against a let down for a BIG game, Coach Walsh
can.  We shall wait and see!  :-)

Scott Preadmore
MSU Admin Info Serv                            ****GO GREEN****