From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1992 01:33:20 CST
1992 WCHA Phinal Phour results:

Semifinals:
   Northern Michigan 6, Wisconsin 3
   Minnesota 5, COlorado College 1
Third Place:
   Wisconsin 5, Colorado College 3
Championship:
   Northern Michigan 4, Minnesota 2

The Gophers were unable to shake the Civic Center Curse as they lost the
WCHA playoff championship to the Northern Michigan Wildcats.  Minnesota
has yet to win a championship game in the St. Paul Civic Center.

Northern Michigan scored an early goal, then scored twice during a lengthy
3 on 3 stretch after a fight.  The Gophers scored once in the first period
and once in the second, but could not score again despite peppering the
Northern net with shots during the final twenty minutes.  The Wildcats
scored an empty net goal to seal their second consecutive WCHA playoff
championship at 4-2.

Carol, Paula, and I got to meet HOCKEY-L member "Duke of Earl" of Northern
Michigan.  After a few near misses at the NC$$ tournament last year, it was
nice to finally make contact.

It's getting late, so I'll post the latest RPICH and a "what if" analysis
of possible CCHA tournament results.

-- Erik