From:
Eric Maiwald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:04:10 -0500
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Wayne T Smith wrote:
> Since the subject line refers to "Bands", please allow me to ask a trivia
> question.
> Has anyone ever played for the bands of different schools at hockey games on
> successive nights?

I seem to recall back when RPI won the NCAA championship game in Detroit
(1985 or 86 ?) we may have had a situation that counts. RPI played UMD
in the semi-final game to multiple overtimes. By the end of the game
both bands (not to mention both teams) were pretty worn out.

We (the RPI band that is) were asked to play the national anthem before
the consolation game (UMD vs. ?? MSU maybe) and we asked the UMD band
to play with us. I know that several of the UMD band members played with
us. I also know that several of the RPI band stayed for the game but I
can't recall if we played or not. Also, it is possible that some of the
UMD band stayed around and played with us for the championship game but
my memory is foggy when we talk about 20 years ago.

Eric

Eric Maiwald                                         So Many Hobbies,
[log in to unmask]                                    So little time

"A compromise which results in a half-step toward evil is all wrong."
               --Theodore Roosevelt