From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1992 12:07:03 EST
I have no Clarkson-Brown box score because I was out of town until
yersterday.  Sorry Brian

Now, wasn't it THN that said that if any team could engineer an upset
this season, RPI could.  A lot of people scoffed at this one, but
here's RPI, seeded #10, in the semi-finals.

Playing the games in Boston Garden will help Clarkson and RPI.  For
RPI, the St. Lawrence players will have less room to maneuver away
from a close checking RPI team.  RPI will have to be deligent at
this to slow down the Saint's forwards and rushing defensemen.  As
for Clarkson, all players, except the freshmen, played at least one
season in the close confines of Walker Arena.  This was always seen
as an advantage to the team when it went to the Garden.  Scott Thomas
will especially love the smaller ice surface.  Brian Mueller will
probably find it liking to his defensive style.  The Knights will just
have to put a solid two games together in a row.  Except for the Yale-
Princeton weekend, this has been a problem for the binary (either on
or off) team.

Bill Fenwick asked about Yale goalie Hockin.  In the Clarkson game
at Yale, Hockin started in goal but was chased out early in the
second period after letting in 4 or 5 goals on few shots.  I heard
that the Brown goalie faced only about 22 shots in the quarter-final
game, giving a paltry .63 save percentage.

Also, thanks to Bill for pick SLU for us.  If Clarkson and St. Lawrence
meet, it should be a war.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90