From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1992 20:26:53 -0500
I have to say that in my opinion I would rather play at UVM's Gutterson Field
House over our own Houston Field House here at RPI.  Since I have had the
pleasure of attending games at both arenas this year, I will give you my
reasoning.  Although, RPI has clearly more seating capacity it seems to me
that the fans are further removed from the game than at UVM.  I was at both
RPI-UVM contests this year, and at UVM there seemed to be a more Home Like
atmosphere.  Even when you take into account that the RPI home game was the
infamous "BIG RED FREAKOUT" which is far removed from the atmosphere one
normally encounters at the Houston Field House.  Because, the roof is
substantially lower at UVM it seems as though it is a louder arena than RPI's.
But that may be because they cheer for the entire game up there...

BTW, I have no idea how arenas are ranked, these are just my opinions on the
two (out of three) which Sid mentioned.  I would put UVM on my list if I
were making one.

-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer '93

| RYAN G. STONE                     | "An individual can make a difference  |
| Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute  |  a team can make a miracle."          |
| e-mail: [log in to unmask]           |              - 1980 U.S. Hockey Team  |