Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1992 17:51:26 EST

>  I don't understand the criteria used to rank the top 5 college hockey arenas
> in the east...what puts UVM's Gutterson Field House on the list and not
> Harvard's Bright Hockey Center? or RPI's Houston Field House?  It certainly
> cannot be based on something like seating capacity alone..there must be other
> factors. Anyone know more about it? Inquiring minds want to know...
> Thanks.
>
> --Sid

It certainly can't be based on seating or who has the most modern rink or the
best-constructed.  Lynah is a nice rink, but it is not #1 in any of those
categories.  The only thing it can be argued that Lynah is #1 in is fan
participation and support, and perhaps overall crowd intimidation of opponents.
For Lynah to be #1, this had to be a significant factor in the rating.
--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95