From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1992 16:34:56 EST
     Thanks Keith, for posting this week's NC$$ poll + the other media polls.
As I expected, the Washington "Post's" stab at covering college hockey has
come to an inglorious end - the current ECAC standings were buried in the
agate type this morning, but that's it - no polls, no other conference
standings, nada, zip .... In other news:

Mike M. writes:
>UNH was also without a few key players [vs. Merrimack] - Bob Chebator took
>a vicious hit the night before from Lowell's Aaron Kriss and was at the game
>but looked like he had just returned from a war.  He suffered a concussion
>and bad face lacerations, but is apparently okay.

  Eye-witnesses at the UNH-Lowell game tell me that Chebator was puck-
carrying up-ice past the team benches when he was cold-cocked by a Kriss
forearm-elbow just as he [Kriss] left the bench.  Chebator never saw it
coming - the blow snapped his helmet strap(s) and mashed his mask into the
whole right side of his face.  When he finally made it into the Friends of
UNH Hockey Room after the game, both eyes were just about swollen shut. He
may miss some practice time, but is expected to play this weekend .... with
a Plexiglass shield.  BTW, no penalty was called .... However bad this was,
I can't imagine it being worse than the Washington Capital (whose name I've
forgotten :-( who scored a goal by deflecting a hard slap-shot with his FACE
earlier this week (and later took 35 stitches for his trouble :-)

Craig Cheslog <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Some Division III Results from the Weekend:
>Plattsbugh State 7, Binghampton State 2
  Ouch .... you've shot an arrow through the heart of a native Binghamtonian,
i.e., BingHAMton, with no "p" - adding an extra letter is the Central NY
equivalent of referring to Boston University as "Boston" (as the Washington
"Post" did yet again in announcing Friday's PRIME telecast of the Maine-Boston
Univ. game from Orono). This concludes today's HOCKEY-L linguistic lesson :-)

Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim ..... Go Blue !!