From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 10:06:35 -0700
Hey All:

Two earth shaking facts, FWIW.  (Us non-MIchiganers have to talk about
something :-)  First .....

Yes, Virginia, the LA Times got it right this time!  BC, not BU.  Even had
a small two paragraph section. More amazing, the local SLObispo rag had a
quarter of a page, with a picture!  Yes, it was just straight off the AP
wire, but what the heck. Around here the words college and hockey are not
connected.

Secondly, altho I too enjoyed having the games on the tube, after the
second Rhode Island comment, I turned it to mute.  I then took out my old
RPI tapes of the 1985 tourney, with Tom Mees, and even tho beggars cant be
choosers and we are grateful for the little crumbs ESPN sends us... the
commentary in 1985 was so much better it was like a differnt world. On top
of that, not once did they call Providence by Rhode Island, and at that
time it was RPI, not Rensselaer. What a difference a decade can make :-)

Tony Buffa
RPI '64