From:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 17:05:26 -0600
On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Charlie Shub wrote:

> Suffice it to say, for now, that it wasn't the first sweep.  The other
> two both happened in calendar year 1994, though in different seasons.
> The other teams were Alaska-Anchorage and Denver (in that order)
>
> One can conjecture that if you are a WCHA team domiciled anywhere but
> the central time zone, you have swept the gophers at the new mariucci.
> Otherwise, you haven't

I hate to pick nits, but isn't the UP of Michigan in the Eastern Time
Zone?  This would mean that Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan, well, not
any more, would have swept the Gophs at home.  If not, then I'm just
making an a*s of myself.

> Is that an advantage or a disadvantage of being outside the time zone?

I would think that traveling east would be easier than going west, because
if you go east, you play an hour or three earlier, hence getting done an
hour or three earlier, so you may not be as tired.  If traveling west, you
start playing an hour later, or in the case of Alaska, you're playing when
you're usually getting done.  Just my opinion, though.

Tony