Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1992 17:21:37 EST
An interesting note called to my attention this week by Andy Baggot
of the Wisconsin State Journal.  I followed it up further and here's
what we've got:

Northern Michigan's Scott Beattie is about to become only the second
player in the history of the WCHA to accumulate 100 goals and 100
assists in just three seasons.  Right now he has 95-102-197 in 101
career games.  Wisconsin great Mark Johnson was the other WCHA player
to accomplish this.

Also Beattie and North Dakota's Dixon Ward are about to become only
the 14th and 15th players in WCHA history to hit the 100/100 mark
during their careers.  Incidentally, NMU will likely have two others
(Dallas Drake and Jim Hiller) reach the 100/100 mark this season,
with Hiller also doing it in three seasons.

Justin Doherty, Northern Michigan