From:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 10:25:57 -0500
>Would somone please tell me if the following rumors which are currently
>running rampent are true.
>
>1.  Ian Kallay has not been granted an extra year of eligibility.
>2.  Jason Blake is not returning due to poor grades.
>
>Thanks.
>                                                        charles
>-
>http://www.cob-web.com
>-
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

        The Grand Forks Herald ran a story over the weekend saying that Ian
Kallay would not be granted an extra year of eligibility. According to the
Herald, the NCAA said that Kallay started school full-time at a Canadian
junior college, and that started his five-year clock, in which you have
five years to use four seasons of eligibility.

Dave Geringer
Sports Information Director
Bemidji State University
213 PE Complex, 1500 Birchmont Drive, NE
Bemidji, MN 56601
218-755-2763 (office), 218-755-3898 (fax)