From:
Michael Smar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Smar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:01:12 CST
** Reply to note from William Link <[log in to unmask]>         Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:19:33 -0500

> Last night I saw the RPI-UML score on the Headline News sports ticker.  Is
> this a usual occurance, or was this the first time?  Anyone else catch
> this?
>
> Bill Link
> RPI '94

I saw it too. I was going to ask the same question. I thought they
showed the score because it slow sports day, but there were a
number of games played in the NBA and NHL last night. With the
exception of late round playoff games (on espn) I've never seen
college hockey scores appearing on any network's sports ticker. I
checked espn and espn2, but they didn't show the score. I waited
until the ticker went through the scores twice to make sure I wasn't
hallucinating.

On the banks of the Red Cedar there's a school that's known all,
Their specialty is farming and those farmers play...HOCKEY!

Michael Smar ([log in to unmask])