From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 10:19:31 -0500
Hi _

On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Todd Myrick wrote:
> What is with the NC$$ and their face-off times?  Thursday's games starting
> at 2 and again at 8?  Could they possibly make it *any* more inconvenient?
> It completely ruins an entire day, waiting around between games; sure you can

  Ahhh, obviously you've never had the pleasure of supping' with the Hockey-L
crowd at the Annual Hockey-L Dinner !! :-)  Other than the poignancy of having
to break bread with at least a few disappointed souls (fans of the losing team
in the early game), I've always looked forward to this mega-Good Time, having
attended every one since the inaugural outing in Albany in 1992.  Believe me,
the time passes *much* too quickly, particularly if the early game takes 100+
mins. to complete :-)  All of the local organizers have done a splendid job
of lining up a close-in banquet facility, arranging for a menu, etc. - hats
off to all of them for a job well done !!  Since no one in the Cincinnati
local area has volunteered to make arrangements this year, Carol White has
graciously stepped forward from afar as Social Director in abstensia to get
the 5th Annual Dinner up and running - Thank You Carol !!! Announcements re:
a head count, etc. have already been posted by Carol - now's the time to let
her know if you're planning to attend.  C'mon Down - a good time will be had
by all ....

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim