Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 12:29:12 EST
Lowell had leads of 2-0 and 3-2 before ending up with a tie at Brown last
night.  This game was pretty unremarkable - it looked to me that both
teams had the "this is the last non-conference game of the year before we
hit the home-stretch, let's coast through this one" attitude.  This
attitude may have been a bit more prevelant among the Lowell team as they
lookked VERY sloppy at times.  I was a little dissapointed in the
lackadaisicalness (is that a word?), because, in my mind, it was an
important game for both teams.  Even still, the tie is somewhat
satisfactory in that I thought that Brown would come out trying to avenge
their 10-1 loss to Lowell last year.

The goalie who started for Brown last night's name escapes me at the
moment, but it was his first collegiate start.  Scott Fankhouser played
for Lowell.  Both goalies looked stellar at times and awful at others.
The one thing that both goalies had in common was that they both were
consistently giving up easy rebounds.  (Although no body seemed to be able
to convert these).  Brown missed a couple of VERY open nets off of soft
rebounds but just couldn't convert.

The crowd was rather lame, I was told that Brown was still on break so
that (coupled with the weeknite game) may have had something to do with
it.  And I'll be the first to admit, Lowell's not exactly the visiting
team that packs 'em in!  But I'd like to think that the first place team
in the ECAC draws at least an above-averae crowd!!

If I get a chance, I'll post the Box later.

   - Steve

Steve Weisfeldt
Univ. of Lowell  1986, 1988                       Home of the 'Hawks!!
[log in to unmask]                          7-5-1 [1] (12-11-3)