From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 90 13:06:41 EDT
>Ann Arbor, MI -- For the fifth consecutive season, PASS (Pro Am Sports System)
>will carry the CCHA Game-of-the-Week.  In addition, the CCHA Game-of-the-Week
>is televised into over 16.5 million homes in major markets such as Atlanta,
>Baltimore/Washington, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Phoenix, San
>Francisco and the state of Florida.  The CCHA Game-of-the-Week is the most
>widely distributed hockey telecast in the United States.

    Don't know why they left out New England, but they did.  My cable company
    has a package whereby you get both NESN and SportsChannel (which I will
    finally have installed very soon whenever they decide to flip the switch),
    and this is a hockey fan's dream.  NESN has Hockey East games & the Bruins,
    and SportsChannel, of course, has NHL games, but SC also carries most of
    the PASS CCHA games included in the release Keith posted.  Watch your tv
    listings for dates & times of these games on SC.  I don't know if
    NESN's Hockey East games are sent out to the rest of the country, though
    I have heard (unconfirmed) that they're being shown in Minnesota.

    Also, sports fans, I was watching "The Lighter Side of Sports" on ESPN
    last week, and since Lyle Alzado's guest was The Fight Doctor, Dr. Ferdie
    Pacheco, many of the clips had to do with fights in sporting events, and
    of course hockey had more than its share.  But they didn't show clips
    from pro hockey or even juniors.  All of them - totalling over two minutes,
    I'd say, of the whole show - were college hockey fights, and most were
    from the CCHA.  (No, they didn't have the infamous Lowell-Northeastern or
    Northeastern-Merrimack brawls.)  All were recent, too.  As Mel Allen
    would say, how 'bout that.

    - mike