From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1991 14:13:08 GMT
I never found out who was the REAL runner-up to David Emma for the Hobey
this year; I thought it was Jim Dowd, but in Andrew Scott's posting of
Edmonton news on rec.sport.hockey he mentions that the Oilers signed
NMU defenseman Brad Werenka, "runner-up for the Hobey Baker".  Maybe they
are considering that Emma was the winner and the other nine finalists were
all runners-up, but I don't know.  Anyone know who it was?

I also saw in the paper this weekend that Princeton has a new coach - Don
Cahoon, I believe.

Thanks to Dan for the list of Omaha players headed to colleges.  I know that
Mike Roberts, recently graduated from Northeastern, left his home in Mass.
and went out to Iowa to play in the USHL, and the result was a chance to
play DivI for the Huskies.  He was a captain his senior year.