Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 15:38:47 -0900
To Hockey L list
From Tom Wells, Interim UAF A.D.
Re: recent Hockey L memo concerning UAA
    For anyone who read the recent memo that responded to the question: Would
UAA help UAF? I want to make it clear that the speaker of that response was
not speaking on behalf of the UAF Athletic Department or UAF. Although an
"intense rivalry" does exist between UAA and UAF, both schools maintain a
good working relationship. There is no basis to the statement that UAA"is
trying to avoid scheduling UAF." UAA A.D. Tim Dillion and I have been working
hard to come up with an arrangement that fits both the complexities of their
WCHA schedule and our need to schedule CCHA teams. UAA cares about helping UAF
not only out of sister instittion relationship, but because it is beneficial
to each school that we maintain a cooperative relationship. Although, at
times we may have disagreements as how to best accomplish our shared goals
I have only good things to say about the professionalism shown by UAA's staff.