Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 1994 16:17:37 +28216
>Would UAA help UAF?
>Not A chance! I have been involved with college hockey in Alaska for many
>years and can say bluntly that UAA would just as soon see UAF fold up shop!
>That is probably why the rivalry is so intense. Anchorage has a definite
Superio
>rity complex and has ALWAYS looked down on UAF. UAA's arrogance has snow
>balled since joining the WCHA and now is trying to avoid scheduling UAF for
>their two games series next year. UAA is in a league. Their attitude is: They
>could careless about helping UAF. Trust me ! And I was born and raised in
Anchor
>age.It is a sad situation. I guess pounding them 7-3 in Sullivan Arena is that
>much sweeter now.
        This is pretty silly.  I don't think being pasted by UAF, and let's face
it, we were pasted, lessened UAA's interest in playing UAF one little bit.  Can
you say "sweet revenge"?  Cripes, we beat UAF the night before...  I'm saddened
to hear that we might not play UAF next year personally.  My one yearly chance
for a road trip.  From Anchorage, where else are you gonna drive?  But when we
only get two games a year to play teams outside of our conference, we can't play
the same team every year.  I support bringing UAF into the WCHA, creating a
great in-conference rivalry that might allow UAA to participate in a tournament
or even bring back the Nissan/Jeep Classic.  As far as caring less about UAF,
the only time I don't like to see Fedorchuk's stats keep getting better is when
he plays against us.

Brady Clark
University of Alaska Anchorage