From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 16:29:36 EST
Sounds like a wake for Maine ...

>According to Wayne, both Maine goalies, Blair Allison and Blair
>Marsh, have been spliting time in goal and both have been struggling
>recently. Maine did play well in a 2-1 loss to Lake Superior. Apparently,
>Maine's special teams have been atrocious.

   On the bright side for Maine, defenders Weinrich and Mansoff are back
   from injuries and significantly help Maine's chances.  Look for the
   debut of Tony Frenette at forward ...  I wouldn't be surprised to see
   Tony score in this first two Maine games ...  he's looked great in
   the 2 or 3 practices that I've seen, but then I picked Maine to
   surprise Harvard.

   Maine had last week off from games and practice and should be as
   healthy as they've been in a couple of months.  Tardif and
   Latendresse have been reunited recently and have inspired each other.

   I look for Mansoff to take the power-play point ...  he has the
   potential to turn the (about 19%) power-play around.

   Look for the team leaders Silverman and Mercier to find the penalty
   box a couple of times :-)

btw .. Greg Michael, Clarkson SID, was the featured guest on the college
hockey segment of this morning's local WZON sports talk radio.  He did a
nice job.

Have a great weekend ... I'd love to have gotten back to visit Cheel
and Appleton this year (Maine plays St Lawrence Saturday night)!

cheers,
wayne