From:
Bill Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1993 18:13:37 CDT
Of course Mike is right. I think that the Emancipation Proclamation makes
that clear. But, on the other hand, I think that it is wrong that players
lose eligability when they try out for the pros and (as usually happens)
don't make it. I think that they should get four years, regardless. I think
that rule is left over from more pristine notions of amateurism and not
relevant for today. After all, if they fail in the pros, they REALLY need
an education. I spose, however, that there may need to be an age cutoff--
but maybe not even that is needed...