From:
ANDREW WEISE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ANDREW WEISE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1993 16:51:00 EST
While I think that everybody is doing a great job compiling, developing,
creating, etc. all of these polls, I ask how useful are they at this point
of the season?

It seems that we're only getting to the good part of the season, i.e. when
all teams start to play their interconference rivals! I realize that the
CCHA & WCHA have been playing within conference for a while now, but IMHO,
I don't believe we can get an accurate idea of how good a team is quite yet.

For example, in 1992, Clarkson was ranked #4 pre-season. They started out OK
in October & early November, but spun their wheels throughout late November
and December. But, they played like the #4 team in the country in January &
February '93. L'est we forget that they fought their way to the ECAC title
in Placid!

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to post these polls at this stage of the year,
don't get me wrong! Just wait to see how the next month or so goes for          everybody, and then we'll see. If the current polls are accurate, then great!

Just my 2 pennies!

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93                Let's Go Tech!!
Union College '95?