From:
Ronald Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1993 23:09:49 -0500
I've been guilty of taunting many an opposing goaltender.  After seeing what
our goalies go through in other rinks, I guess turnaround is fair play.  So...
from that perspective, here's why I don't think the goaltender should return
the favor and taunt the crowd:  It shows the crowd that they got to him!
Nothing frustrates the taunter more than a goaltender that completely ignores
him.  When a goaltender responds, you know you have his attention and at least
part of his mind is not on the game -- which is exactly what the taunter wants.

I'm curious, though.  When did Terrari taunt the MSU crowd?  For some reason,
I don't remember that (not saying it didn't happen -- I'm sure it did).  And
how bad could the MSU crowd have been to warrent a response from him?  As I
recall, he never even responded to the Clarkson crowd with that huge bell
behind him :-)  (Now THAT would get MY attention...)

-- Ron
A reformed goalie-taunter.  Now I just stick to yelling at refs...