From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1993 09:50:00 PST
I just read the ANN ARBOR NEWS recaps of this past weekend's games.
 Included in the text was...

  "There was five guys in a crowd, they fall down and we get a high
sticking," Welsh said of the crucial penalty that led to Sittler's
game-winner.  "Ohio State continues to get the short straw by the officials
when playing good teams."

OK, not only is Welsh an idiot (IMHO), but he is also blind.  With about
four minutes remaining on Friday, and the game tied 3-3, I turned to my
friend and told him that we had OSU in unfamiliar territory...they weren't
used to being in the game this late.  Seconds later, OSU captain Tim Green
wrapped the blade of his stick around a Michigan players neck and then stuck
it in his face shield.  Needless to say, this is the high sticking that
Welsh is referring to.  Everyone in my group was cracking up because it was
so blatant...and that's the leadership that we've come to expect from the
buckeye captains over the years.

  Jerry, I know it'll ruin your GQ profile, but get some glasses, Bud.  :-)

On another note, the paper reported that Michigan captain Brian Wiseman is
doubtful for this weekend's CCHA-WCHA Challenge.  (Knee injury.)

  John H
  U Mich