From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1993 14:01:52 -0500
> On the flip side, the Engineers certainly have a chance to really establish
> themselves over the course of the month!  They see/saw action with
> Harvard, Boston University, Bowling Green, New Hampshire, and potentially
> Maine, all in the span of about four weeks - so it's entirely possible it will
> be december and they'll have a 8-5 record, but still be firmly planted in
> the top ten because of the quality of their opposition - that's how to get
> these (meaningless) votes, it seems.

I wouldn"t count on that either....  take MTU for example inthe last 2 weekends
they play Colorado College (high in polls and number 1 in WCHA) AT Colorado
and tie both games taking 2 of 4 points.   This week they take on highly ranked
(preseason number 1 in wcha) and split, shutting them out on friday 4-0
and still drop in the polls.

Last weekend saw Northern Mi move ahead of MTU in the polls despite the
fact that the sweep they had was against MINN who was winless at the time
(sorry erik , carol et al.)  while MTU split with CC at CC... Go Figure

I think a lot of people look only at the record, and not the opposition that
the teams have been playing.

my 4 cents
Bob