From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 22:46:12 -0500
All American and Hobey Baker candidate Jamie Ram stopped 16 badger shots in
the first period and went on to post his first shutout as a huskie tonight
4-0 over the badgers.  It was the first shutout of the badgers in Houghton
since 1933!
 The tech defense got tough and allowed the badgers only 9 shots on goal
in the last 2 periods.

The win ties the Huskies for the WCHA lead with Colorado College, who
is playing out of the league tonight vs air force.

More tomorrow.  I'm off to do a little over due celebrating!  Since 1977 I've
watched the badgers kill us here, this one we are going to enjoy!

As Bob Mancini said in the post game show tho, the jobs only half done!
we square off against wisconsin again tomorrow at 7pm.

Bob