From:
Laura Searl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Searl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1993 09:35:00 PDT
Larry Latour writes:
>Observations:
>1. The fastest USA skater (or at least the one that impressed me
>the most) -> John Lillie... they say he was with BU in '91-'92...
>is this true? I don't remember him...

I am so pleased that I actually get to know/say something!  Yeehaw!  The
Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) picked up John Lilley at the end of November last
year.  He did start out at BU, but  his grades and interest in school were
low.  He had played for Walt Kyle (coach for the TBirds) on the '91 US World
Junior team.  And he came over because many players find it easier to go
from the WHL to the NHL (the season is longer, the game is more
physical...).  I won't bore you with his statistics since you probably have
the Hockey News Yearbook...

Another side note for all of you...  Darryl Plandowski is the assistant
coach of the Thunderbirds.  You might remember him as a four year Northern
Michigan player ('91 team captain) and the scorer of the National
Championship winning goal in the third overtime of the 1991 NCCA title game
against BU.

Laura
The Pacific Northwest Observer