From:
Lynn Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1993 14:19:14 -0400
     The first version of the Division II-III composite hockey
schedule is
now available. Eventually it will include all varsity teams
playing a non-
Division I schedule. In other words, it's all the schools that
aren't
carried in the Division I composite schedule.

     To get it, send mail to:  [log in to unmask] and in
the body of
the message, include only this phrase:

     GET 9394D2-3 SCHEDULE

     To get a complete HOCKEY-L file list, use the phrase:

     GET HOCKEY-L FILELIST

     This first version includes all MIAC and NCHA schools. Also
included
are Villanova, Buffalo State, Brockport, Geneseo, Plattsburgh,
RIT,
Canisius, Elmira, UConn, Bowdoin and Alabama-Huntsville.

     There is an explainer at the top of the schedule that shows
was the various designators are, but I've tried to model as much
as possible after Mike Machnik's Division I schedule.

     Some questions:

     On the weekend of Nov. 12-13, the Plattsburgh schedule shows
Fredonia
at Plattsburgh on Friday, then Brockport at Plattsburgh on
Saturday.
However, Brockport's schedule shows Brockport at Plattsburgh on
Friday
and Brockport at Potsdam on Saturday. Obviously a conflict, but
neither
Fredonia nor Potsdam's schedule have been received for
clarification.

     In the Midwest, St. Norbert is shown in NCAA guides as
having a
varsity program. A schedule I've received shows the school
playing several
MIAA and NCHA schools, but I'm figuring the school is an
independent. Is it
eligible for tournaments? The directory shows it as a Division
III school.

     As always, comments, corrections and suggestions are sought.
I anticipate making fairly regular updates during the preseason
as more and more schedules come in. Then during the season, I
will usually do three things on Wednesdays:

     1 - update this file in the HOCKEY-L archives
     2 - send a message to the HOCKEY3 list with the previous 2
weeks results (since some scores will trickle in)
     3 - send a message to the HOCKEY3 list with the upcoming
week's schedule.