From:
Christopher Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1993 08:41:58 PDT
Due to Mike's busy schedule (moving, a wedding in 6 weeks, hockey
season starting, etc. etc.), I've volunteered to collect and maintain the
college hockey contacts list for the coming season.

I am looking for anyone and everyone who would like to be listed as a
contact.  This information will be posted to HOCKEY-L and HOCKEY3
and will also be placed in the archives.   My goal is to
create a list of people knowledgeable about teams, etc. that can
be used as a resource for people requesting information.

For example, I would consider myself a contact for RIT and the
ECAC West. I believe a contact should be someone who follows a
team/league closely enough that he/she could answer almost any
question regarding that team/league or know how to get the info.
Please consider whether or not you believe you meet those
requirements before replying.

I have no problem with listing multiple people as contacts for a
specific team/league, by the way.  Nothing would be specifically
required of you, although you could expect to occasionally receive
requests for information and it would even be good if you could make periodic
postings of what you know.  We already have an excellent
network of people who keep everyone up to date on what's happening,
and I hope this will help to both get you recognition for your efforts
and to further organize the work we do here.

A very important consideration in this is that as far as I am
concerned, and I intend this disclaimer to be placed with the list of
contacts, NO CONTACT can be presumed to speak on behalf of the team/league
he/she is listed as a contact for.  All opinions remain
the opinions of that person and that person only, and no one should infer
otherwise.   I hope this disclaimer will serve to make people more
comfortable with having their names placed with teams in this manner.

If you are interested in becoming a contact, please respond to me
directly ([log in to unmask] or (716) 427-4167).
I'll issue what I have collected on 10/15.

This will be the second year for the list - below is the most recent
one I could find for last season (1/4/93). If you plan on continuing
as a contact for the coming season, please contact me anyway, as
I'll assume that anyone I don't hear from has left
HOCKEY-L/HOCKEY3 or doesn't wish to participate this year.

I'm making a speacial plea for reps from D-III schools, as we have
very little information so far on the 93-94 season. We're trying to
do a composite schedule for at least the ECAC E/W, SUNYAC, MIAC
and NCHA. So far we have schedules for Bowdoin, Canisius, Elmira,
Geneseo, UConn, UW-Superior, UW-Stevens Point and RIT plus UMass-Amherst and
Army who are playing a lot of D-III teams.

Thanks in advance for your participation, and I look forward to
hearing from you.

COLLEGE HOCKEY CONTACTS LIST           LATEST REVISION 1/4/93
CCHA           John Haeussler          [log in to unmask]
               Keith Instone           [log in to unmask]
Bowling Green  Keith Instone           [log in to unmask]
Ill-Chicago    Jeff Lewis              [log in to unmask]
Michigan       John Haeussler          [log in to unmask]

ECAC           Brian Farenell          [log in to unmask]
               Bill Fenwick            [log in to unmask]
               Jon Greene              [log in to unmask]
Clarkson       Brian Farenell          [log in to unmask]
Colgate        Donna Merlino           [log in to unmask]
Cornell        Bill Fenwick            [log in to unmask]
               Arthur Mintz            [log in to unmask]
Dartmouth      Bob Gross               [log in to unmask]
Harvard        Jim Clark               [log in to unmask]
               Lloyd Hsu               [log in to unmask]
RPI            Jon Greene              [log in to unmask]
               Brendan Sullivan        [log in to unmask]
St Lawrence    Tim Danehy              [log in to unmask]
               Robin Lock              [log in to unmask]
Union          Jim Teresco             [log in to unmask]
Yale           Rob Callum              [log in to unmask]

HOCKEY EAST    Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]
Boston Univ    Sid Whitaker            [log in to unmask]
Maine          John Forsyth            [log in to unmask]
Merrimack      Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]
New Hampshire  Chris Craig             [log in to unmask]
Northeastern   Matt Sullivan           [log in to unmask]

INDEPENDENTS
Air Force      Charlie Shub            [log in to unmask]
Army           Rick Jenkins            [log in to unmask]

WCHA
Michigan Tech  Bob Gilreath            [log in to unmask]
Minnesota      Carol White             [log in to unmask]
Wisconsin      Rob Holmes              [log in to unmask]
               David Parter            [log in to unmask]

DIVIII
Bowdoin        Craig Cheslog           [log in to unmask]
ECAC East      Craig Cheslog           [log in to unmask]
ECAC West      Chris Lerch             [log in to unmask]
Elmira         Bill Fenwick            [log in to unmask]
RIT            Chris Lerch             [log in to unmask]
SUNY-Brockport Chris Lerch             [log in to unmask]
SUNY-Geneseo   Chris Lerch             [log in to unmask]
SUNY-Platts.   Greg Wegner             [log in to unmask]
               Heather Neely           [log in to unmask]
Wis-Stevens Pt Tom Rowe                [log in to unmask]

WOMEN'S HOCKEY
Bowdoin        Craig Cheslog           [log in to unmask]
Cornell        Joy Veronneau           [log in to unmask]
ECAC DivIII    Craig Cheslog           [log in to unmask]
Maine          John Forsyth            [log in to unmask]
RIT            Chris Lerch             [log in to unmask]
RPI            Ryan Stone              [log in to unmask]

CLUB HOCKEY
Penn State     Jeremy Hall             [log in to unmask]
Rochester      Chris Lerch             [log in to unmask]

Chris Lerch
Xerox
RIT '84 & '91