From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1993 17:19:29 -0400
I spoke with Merrimack SID Jim Seavey today on some things I'll be
doing for him, and he told me that Bob DeGregorio's term as HE
interim commissioner will probably be about a year.  So it looks like
the league is going to move carefully to make sure it selects the best
person for the full-time job out of the three candidates Sid posted a
little while ago.  Needless to say, it has resulted in an increase in
the amount of inquiries to the SID and AD over the last few days. :-)

For those in the area seeking to take in some early hockey, Merrimack's
Blue-Gold scrimmages are scheduled as follows (Jim had just gotten them
from Ron Anderson while talking to me): Thur 10/7, Sat 10/9, Wed 10/13 -
all at 6 pm.  Merrimack will play an exhibition game Sat 10/16 at 7 pm
at home against Brock University (Canadian).  Brock will be at UMass-Lowell
the night before.

Finally, Jim and Heather and I have been talking about Heather coming
aboard to possibly help out with some stat work...Jim likes the idea
of having a (soon-to-be) husband and wife team involved.  Maybe we can
run for Hockey East Couple of the Year. :-)
---
Mike Machnik           [log in to unmask]          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMN* 11/13/93