From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1993 08:23:00 PDT
I held off posting this yesterday because I've been sending so much I
thought everyone else deserved a chance to get a few words in. :-)

The CCHA pre-season polls were released at yesterday's CCHA Media Day (at
JLA):

     CCHA Coaches' Poll (1st place votes)
      1. Lake Superior (6)
      2. Michigan (1)
      3. Miami (2)
      4. Michigan State (2)
      5. Western Michigan
      6. Ferris
      7. Bowling Green
      8. Kent
      9. UIC
     10. Notre Dame
     11. Ohio State

     CCHA Media Poll
      1. Lake Superior (19)
      2. Michigan (9)
      3. Michigan State (3)
      4. Miami (1)
      5. Western Michigan (1)
      6. Bowling Green
      7. Ferris
      8. Kent
      9. UIC
     10. Notre Dame
     11. Ohio State

Interesting fact: In the coaches' poll, MSU received 2 first place votes but
0 second place votes.

Schaferisms: ND coach Ric Schafer was his usual humorous self and, believing
in self fulfilling prophecies, started the rumor that Notre Dame is an
improved hockey team.  There is also a new drill among the Irish this
season...juggling tennis balls. :-)

Schafer also mentioned that sophomore defenseman Davide ("Taco") Dal Grande,
who was 6'6", 190 lbs. last season, has grown to 6'7", and near 210.  Coach
said that Dal Grande was dining with the football linemen this summer.

Michigan coach Red Berenson on would-be senior Cam Stewart signing with the
Boston Bruins: "Cam will make more money in three years than I did in
seventeen."

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan