From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1993 12:44:49 EDT
>Chris Lerch reported that Parris Duffus (Yale?) had been assigned
>to St Louis' farm team in Peoria. I'm sure some Big red fans will
>be quick to point this out but Duffus played for Cornell (albeit only
>1 year).

Well, Bri was quicker than I was.  Duffus was actually with the Big Red for
two years, but saw only about 35 minutes of action as a freshman before his
All-American sophomore season.  This move isn't much of a surprise, since
Peoria is where Duffus spent most of last season, splitting time with Geoff
Sargent (I'm sure I spelled that wrong).

A couple of brief Cornell notes:

I don't think this has been mentioned on HOCKEY-L yet, but Casson Masters, a
forward who was originally listed as coming to Cornell this year, has opted
not to do so.  However, the Big Red did pick up another freshman defenseman,
Jason Zubkus, who is from Ballwin, MO (my goodness, an American :-)  He's
6-0, 180 pounds, and last played with Des Moines in the USJHL.  This brings
Cornell's team total for defensemen to eleven, I believe.

The Red-White scrimmage has been scheduled for Saturday, October 23 at 7 PM.

Also, I heard that Shaun Hannah was selected as team captain, which would not
be a surprise.
--
Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and probably '94        |  [log in to unmask]