From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1993 22:02:38 -0400
Peter Jansen writes:
>Hey so we finally have someone on the RPI team on the net. So Mr.
>Pirrong, could
>you tell us who the new freshmen are and how the team will look this year?  I
>look forward to the season.

Well, I can tell you that if Drop the Puck is right, the Engineers
don't have any freshmen currently on their roster.  They only lost one
player, Allen Kummu to graduation, and the cut in scholarships from 20
to 18 probably meant Buddy didn't have anything available to offer
this season.  RPI only has six Ds listed, so they'll have to hope to
avoid injuries there or else possibly have to move a forward back.

Also, Jon isn't the first RPI player to be on HOCKEY-L...there have
been others before him (also others from other schools).  It's not
easy for a player or coach to be able to comment publicly on a lot of
things, but hopefully Jon and others will feel free to add a different
insight now and then on the great sport we all love and support.

On the lighter side, everyone who supports teams that play RPI will have
to be careful they don't give away any secrets. :-)  I remember that
last season, one of my posts after a Merrimack game "mysteriously"
appeared in the Maine locker room the next week before the
Merrimack-Maine series.  I didn't and don't post anything that anyone
who saw the games or reads the papers doesn't know already, but it was
interesting to see to what degree some teams go to get scouting
reports. :-)  Not to mention that the outcome of the series likely
didn't swing on Maine reading what I wrote!  (Maine won both, 14-1 and
11-2.)

It was also sort of nice to see that the Maine folks considered my
views valid enough to try to use them against the Warriors. :-)

>But Jon, about the typos....next time don't type with your hockey gloves on.

Hey, at least he'd have an excuse the rest of us don't have. :-)
---
Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]
Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors                  *HMN*  11/13/93
(All opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)