From:
Aaron White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1993 11:47:53 -0500
   Well, I won't start a big arguement but I think people might be
surprised by  physical demands of playing goal. As for women, I think
people have hit some of the aspects right on the head, first of all
goalie performance depends on speed, flexability, and a lot of mental
input and concentration. No you don't need football player strength but
endurance is essential, you don't work all the time but when you do you
often work harder then anyone else on the ice. Women are ideal for the
position if they are suited for the pressure and don't mind 90MPH
slapshots. Hell, I am a pretty good sized guy and some of those shots
can sting let alone hurt like hell at times. Then again I am usually
tripping on adrenaline and don't realize it for a few hours.

Just my thoughts...

Aaron L. White                  =    [log in to unmask]
St. Cloud State University      =    ISCA/IRC: Kopka  =  KVSC 88.1FM
St. Cloud, Minnesota            =    Net Contact: SCSU Hockey (WCHA)
(612) 252-3988                  =    Playing bass and stopping pucks.
I am lost, I am saved. I'm beloved and betrayed. All roads to the River.