From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1993 23:51:21 -0400
The script to create the team schedules and ship them off to the
LISTSERV archives is now working, and the team schedules are there.
I'll be using this script to ship off the 45 team schedules, composite
and updated standings in one fell swoop approximately weekly
throughout the season - except for the two or three weeks that Heather
and I will be away in November.

There's also a new composite whose only major change is that the Auld
Lang Syne Classic at Vermont (BU, Dart, UNH, Vermont) will be called
the Sheraton/USAir Classic.

First, the address for LISTSERV again is [log in to unmask]
Remember to send these requests to LISTSERV and not HOCKEY-L (nor me),
because only LISTSERV can process your commands (usually within minutes).

To get a file, you use the command GET <identifier1> <identifier2>.
Most files have two identifiers, such as 9394COMP SCHEDULE for the
composite schedule.  For team schedules, the first identifier is
always 9394TSCH.  The second one goes with the name of the team, and
those identifiers are listed below - for example, GET 9394TSCH ARMY.
You can also see all this by issuing a GET HOCKEY-L FILELIST command.

Note that since I'm still missing all 10 WCHA schedules plus those for
Air Force and Massachusetts, those teams will not have complete
schedules - only the nonconference games I have them for currently are
included.

Anyway, here are the teams and their identifiers, listed by
conference.  You might want to save this, but note that Wayne and I
are considering changing some of them to make them more descriptive.
I'll send mail alerting you of the changes, but again, you can always
check the FILELIST.  Identifiers are limited to 8 characters.

CCHA                                   ECAC
Alaska-Fairbanks   UAF                 Brown             BROWN
Bowling Green      BG                  Clarkson          CLARKSON
Ferris State       FERRISST            Colgate           COLGATE
Illinois-Chicago   ILL-CHIC            Cornell           CORNELL
Kent               KENT                Dartmouth         DRTMOUTH
Lake Superior      LSSU                Harvard           HARVARD
Miami              MIAMI               Princeton         PRINCETN
Michigan           MICHIGAN            RPI               RPI
Michigan State     MICH-ST             St Lawrence       ST-LAW
Notre Dame         N-DAME              Union             UNION
Ohio State         OHIO-ST             Vermont           VERMONT
Western Michigan   W-MICH              Yale              YALE

HOCKEY EAST                            WCHA
Boston College     BC                  Alaska-Anchorage  UAA
Boston University  BU                  Colorado College  COLORADO
Maine              MAINE               Denver            DENVER
Mass-Lowell        UMLOWELL            Michigan Tech     MICHTECH
Merrimack          MERRIMAC            Minnesota         MINNESOT
New Hampshire      UNH                 Minnesota-Duluth  MINN-DUL
Northeastern       N-EASTRN            North Dakota      N-DAKOTA
Providence         PROV-COL            Northern Michigan N-MICH
                                       St Cloud          ST-CLOUD
                                       Wisconsin         WISC

INDEPENDENTS
Air Force          AIRFORCE
Army               ARMY
Massachusetts      (no entry yet)

Please send any corrections to me.  If you have a copy of a particular
team's schedule, a good way to verify what I have against it is to
just get that schedule rather than going through the whole composite.
I won't send this list again, rather I'll just send mail every few
weeks or so as I update the composite and team schedules.  Thanks to
all who have helped so far!
---
Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]
Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors                  *HMN*  11/13/93
(All opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)