From:
Steve Feinleib <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Feinleib <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1993 10:08:09 EDT

> * Added a new rule (Rule 6-30-f) so that if a player intentionally is pushed
> offside, the offside violation shall be nullified and play will continue.

I was just talking about this situation with a hockey ref on Tuesday
night.  He has reffed amateur through some Div. I games (he reffed
Alabama-Huntsville vs Army).  Anyway, we were watching the Leafs-Kings
overtime game and this happened (or something similar -- I don't quite
remember), and I asked him directly "What happens when a player is pushed
offsides -- is offsides called or does play simply continue, or what?"
He said, without hesitation, that play continues without a call.  Was
he just making a judgement call, or are (were) the rules different at the
level he was reffing?  Actually, I am going to see him this evening,
so I will ask about this in more detail, and I will also get some
of his opinions on the other rule changes mentioned here.
  I also want to express my thanks to Craig for informing us of this
very interesting and important (to us at least ;-) info.  Also, thanks
to Mike and Jim for their insight and pertinent questions.

Soon to be moving to Baltimore for UMd Med School,
                                             _______
  Steve Feinleib                          | | Let's
  Cornell '91                             | |  Go
  SFA@NIHCU (bitnet)                      | | Red!  __
  [log in to unmask] (internet)                \ \_____/ /
                                            \_______/