From:
Mark Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1993 10:07:34 EST
Thanks to Dave Delchamps from all of us "old-timers", especially Clarkson grads,

>        ... and please, for us "old guys" on the list, don't anybody forget
>Dave Taylor of LA (Clarkson late '70's --- I don't think he graduated).
>

>                                                Dave Delchamps
>                                                Cornell University
>                                                Let's Go Red !!

Dave Taylor certainly did play four years at Clarkson and graduate with a
management degree including a high cum, etc.  He has to be considered the
grandfather of all collegiate players in the NHL having started his career with
the Kings in 1978, and continued it this long, especially with the number of
injuries he has endured over the years.  Tails also participated in three NHL
All-Star games during his first 5 or 6 years in the league when he played on the
'Triple Crown' line with Marcell Dionne and Charlie Simmer.

During his Clarkson days, Taylor was very exciting to watch, especially on man
down situations.  I never saw anyone score so many man-down goals as he did.  In
1976-77, his senior year, I believe he led the NC$$ in scoring and set the
season scoring record that was just surpassed a couple of years ago by a player
from Alaska (Div II ?).  That Clarkson team finished the regular season
undefeated, but lost in the semis of the ECACs (a familiar jinx back then) and
did not recieve an NC$$ bid (due to politics ?).  So Taylor never played on an
NC$$ champion, but may yet play for the Stanley Cup!

-Mark Greene